Free one day workshop for parents and carers of school age children on the autism spectrum
Positive Partnerships offers a range of free options to help you develop strong partnerships in support of your school-aged child with autism.
Like all school-age students, children with autism spectrum disorder benefit from strong, positive relationships between the home and school. Positive Partnerships uses evidence based materials and practical resources to help support these relationships by facilitating workshops for parents and carers.
What will you learn?
When you come along to a Positive Partnerships workshop, you will:
- Develop a greater understanding of the impact of autism on your child, both at school and at home
- Understand how to develop effective parent, school and teacher partnerships
- Learn specific strategies that will help you:
– advocate for your child
– support your child’s participation at school
– develop an awareness of ongoing learning needs
- Receive information about your local school system’s processes
- Have the opportunity to network and share strategies with other parents/carers and key community members
- Have the opportunity to discuss a range of topics relevant to students with ASD and their families
When: Tuesday 21 July 2015, 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Venue: Treacy Centre
126 The Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052
Please note: No onsite parking available at the venue. All day street parking is available to participants at 80 cents per hour.
Online registrations are preferred:
Phone the Positive Partnerships Infoline if you have any enquiries: 1300 881 971 or visit their website: www.positivepartnerships.com.au